Friday 24 April 2009

Saints & Pinners

I had a great new discovery at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week I have proof that it wasn't a mirage.

Saints and Pinners is a new online fabric store run by Fran and Jo, a mother and daughter-in-law team. How amazing that you should have this mutual passion with your mother-in-law that results in running such a dream together.

I'd conversed with Jo earlier in the week about swapping links to our sites and by the time I'd had a look through her lovely wares, several of them were clicked in to the basket.

Today this arrived...

Now I have to say that this is the most beautifully wrapped parcel I have ever received and I was very tempted to just sit and gaze at it in all it's glory all morning (by the way it is now creased tells you I broke into it a nano second later to see my treasures - and then had to rewrap it to take the photo!)

Now, isn't this a gorgeous mixture?


What's more, a year ago I would NEVER have chosen those oranges and yellows. But I love how my tastes have altered and organically grown out of doing more crafting and sewing.

I love these 3 orange based ones. How summery are they?


As for these yellows and blues - simply divine. I'm swooning now. I think this rose fabric is my favourite fabric at the moment. I think I'll be getting more of that one and making a few spring accessories.


This green dot (more limey that it shows here) is one of my favourite fabrics for doing my car cards. It looks great with turquoise. At the fear of running out, I quietly snuck it into the basket.


Since I was one of Fran and Jo's first customers, they very kindly threw this in too.


Now I probably would never have bought this fabric, but how gorgeous does it look with my beloved dots? (I really haven't done either of these two justice. You'll just have to believe me on this one.)


So go take a peak at the shop. You really won't be disappoinited.

5 comments:

Winter Tree said...

gorgeous shop - and really reasonable postage to outside of UK too - I have lots on my wish list already. thanks for the tip!

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

great prices, always good to be able to buy a yard for under £10. how quick was I to rush over there and buy new fabric?...I think I may need help with my addiction!

meplusmolly said...

Ooo what gorgeous fabric you purchased! what a lovely site it is too, scrummy choice of fabric there ;0

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

I think you showed extraordinary restraint. I am THIS close to buying several of those fabrics and I don't actually use fabric much in my work. Can't wait to see what they become! (LOVE the social climber one.)x

Winter Tree said...

me again, I had queried with S&P about the 'easyness' of a particular pattern, and they said they would look into it and let me know (we've all heard that before!) But no, email arrived today from Fran to follow up and let me know about the pattern, such a refreshing change to get good service - I'm off to buy some goodies from them now !!