Thursday 29 January 2009
And the Award goes to...
Hannah from Span's Stitchin' nominated me for these 2 awards. A big big thank you, Hannah, for these. It means alot to me that my little world should be so meaningful to you. The blog world is still relatively new to me and one that never ceases to amaze me when previous perfect strangers come into your life via it.
So the rules...
1) Put the award on your blog
2) Put a link on your blog of the blogger who gave you the award
3) Nominate 5 other bloggers
4) Leave a comment on their blog notifying them.
Also for the fabulous award I'm supposed to list 5 things that I'm addicted to so here goes:
1. Coffee - the real stuff - with warm frothed milk. I love my little ritual at 11 (earlier if it's a tricky day) of making my cafetiere, heating my milk, frothing it with my aerolatte and sitting down for an official coffee break. Come join me now.
2. Checking emails. When I was little I was obsessed with waiting for the post. Now it's emails. I can not walk past the computer without pressing the send/receive button. (Just snuck in another press now)
3. Notebooks and other stationery. Another addiction from childhood. It is impossible to walk past stationers. I have to go in, have a little stroke and convince myself that I really don't need more pens/notebooks/cards. And with internet shopping I don't even have to leave the house in order for something like this to pop in my shopping basket and arrive at the door, quicker than a flash.
4. Wine. I love wine. I crave wine. Please don't translate that as being an alcoholic. Just one glass is all I need. Most of the time it's just that first sip. I did go through a phase of having to have my evening glass. I now try very very hard (not always succeeding) to not open a bottle midweek. But come Fri night...Ok now I do sound like an alcoholic :-)
5. All of your blogs and many others I pass through along the way.
What a fabulous world we live in. And speaking of all your blogs, I need to nominate 5 of you out there. Yes, just 5. So here goes...
Manda from Treefall - a regular award winner, but there's always got to be one Kate Winslet in our lives.
Tara from Aquamarine - a new friend who has thankfully come into my life via this world
Heather from Lark & Lola - for providing us with beautiful eye candy and stunning writing.
Julie from Famille Summerbelle - for not only being so talented that I have gorgeous things to sell at Blueberry Park, but allowing us to travel the world vicariously, by following her amazing trip.
Lucy Jane Batchelor from Hello My Little Friend - another Blueberry Park fave, another talented lady, another site full of gorgeous things.
I'm off now to check my emails, make my coffee, and wait for Mr Postie to bring my gorgeous notebook. It's a bit early for addiction No. 4 - even for me. But I may just fit in a bit of No. 5...