Thursday 23 October 2008

A change from Christmas

I HAD to go dress shopping today. Sometimes life is really really tough. Today was one of those days. Next month we are celebrating my nephew's Bar Mitzvah (a big deal for 13 year old Jewish boys) as well as my cousin's son's Bar Mitzvah. Consequently a girl needs dresses. Yes, not just a dress, but dresses.

Unfortunately the dress I had seen in Hobbs only had one in my size and that had a flaw in it. I was offered a discount, but how gorgeous would I look in a beautiful red dress (could only download a photo in black) with a diagonal pull across the front? Tempting as it was, I declined.

I trawled round Whistles...nothing. Jigsaw...nothing. Walked past Harvey Nics...well, maybe if I only needed one outfit. So I down scaled and did Zara. I didn't really want to, but the advantage of needing party dresses at this time of year, is that they are EVERYWHERE.


I picked out a lovely slate grey rouched short empire line dress. Tried it on. It fit. So I bought it.

Next stop Gap. I thought I might get fixed up for the day dress I needed. I decided on this, which is more fitted and much better in real life (honest). What's more it will look great over jeans. I have a big problem with buying things specifically for one occasion. Don't get me wrong, I would love to buy endless dresses for endless occasions, but the budget won't quite manage it so I have to think laterally.

Final need was the cousin's Bar Mitzvah party at The Hippodrome. Something hip for The Hip was definitely needed. I have a fab red SJP-esque skirt that needed a little sprucing up. It's had many an outing and I still love it, but it needed something fresh. Something new. And lots of jewellery to accessorize. Again, Gap obliged with this cute silk black top.
So out comes the red skirt - again. I'm hoping it will be hip enough.

And whilst I was shopping. Rule number 73... don't forget your asyers...'as you are going...' I thought this little black shirt would be quite useful this winter. No?
It will probably all go back tomorrow.

No comments: