Saturday 20 March 2010

The modern wonders of Amazon. Every year for my birthday I ask for an Amazon voucher from my in-laws. This way we are both happy. I get to choose something I love and they get to be relieved that they don't have to worry about getting it right for their fussy daughter-in-law. Obviously from one birthday to the next my wish list of books grows bigger and bigger and I have to be selective about what I choose.

I am totally in love with my selection this year and I want to share them with you. First off I want to show you this one...

Like all Japanese sewing books it is a book of beauty. The colouring, the photography, the sashiko abound. Not only is it an absolute gem to lose yourself in accompanied by a coffee, but it is full of gorgeous projects that are crying out to be made. Ruby has already demanded this Bunny Pencil Case.

It is simply yet beautifully written. Each project is simply described and straightforward clear instructions accompany photographs and illustrations.

I also love the 'Zakka Fact' that accompanies each project.

I don't want to spoil it for you by showing you all the gorgeous photographs and projects, so if you want to see more go purchase it...you won't be disappointed.

Next up, Material Obsession...

8 comments:

Me and Ma said...

Fantastic choice Karen, I have the Zakka one and Material obsession arrived yesterday, lovely books.

sew obsessed said...

How exciting, I love getting new craft books.
The zakka one looks really good.
Would be interested to know what you think of "linen, wool, cotton" as I fancy getting that.
Enjoy your reading

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I didn't even know Amazon did vouchers! Problem solved for me in future. I love books - in fact, my finger just slipped on the 'buy' button!
Great choice - can't wait to see the results.

Kate at M is for make said...

I love this book, I have some felt waiting to be made into the squirrel on the front, it's so nice to have a book like this in english. You have prompted me to go back to mine and dig out a project!

One Flew Over said...

Have the linen, cotton, wool book - it is fantastic!

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

o.k. my birthday is in 2 weeks time and I have now put 2 of these books on my wishlist. :)thanks for sharing!

Hilary said...

The Zakka book is on my amazon wish list! So Jealous!

Angela said...

Those are wonderful books! Isn't it the best to sit a pick out a bunch of books...what a treat!