Thursday 4 March 2010

I've been doing a lot of hiding in my studio at the moment. The dust, the noise, the constant tramping through my house by as many as 5 workmen sometimes is taking it's toll. It's taking it's toll on my sanity as well as my creativity. It's fair to say I'm not getting much done in the way of work at the moment.

Yesterday, however, I managed to spend an uninterrupted complete hour up there. I think it had something to do with the fact that the builders didn't turn up and so there was only the decorator here. There's only so much disturbing one man can do.

I've a lot of deadlines to meet at the moment and am so short of time that it's been difficult to work on new things or build up stock. I'm aiming to do a Fair towards the end of March and I am pretty much aware that I don't have much stock at the moment...or anything new for my regulars.

I made a couple of my animal cushions and was pleased with having more of those made up. I then, on a very similar theme, made an initial cushion as an idea that had been brewing. I'm sure you all do it too, but I always trial these with my kids initials. Well, if they don't work for work, they can get something out of it. Guess who's already sleeping on this one?

I'm so glad I got all that done yesterday, because today, well that's an entirely different story...

6 comments:

One Flew Over said...

These are fantastic cushions Karen, especially the stitching detail on the elephant.

I feel your pain...renovating is a nightmare. We put in a new bathroom, had the entire house painted and re-did the nursery just as Alfie arrived 8 weeks early.

Kylie said...

Oh Karen - I do feel for you - I just go mental if there are tradies walking around my house. It turns me into a rat in a cage! ;) Hope it's all over soon. Loving the cushions! Fabulous idea and it looks just gorgeous. K

MandMStudio said...

Very nice:) The elephant is so cute and yeah I do the same thing, everything gets tried out on my kids first.

Ravenhill said...

Oh, I adore the little details, the sweet elephant with the pretty embroidery spray is so whimsical and fun!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Such pretty makes. I adore that yellow fabric.

Justine said...

lovely floral fabric Karen, me likes! Which fair are you doing at the end of March? I'm looking for localish fairs...