Thursday 8 May 2008

A bit of crafting

I guess it's about time I talked about crafting! After all isn't that what we are all interested in?

I feel a bit of a fraud really. I have no formal training at all - apart from the odd delightful ceramics course or so.

I have however been knitting and sewing for as long as I can remember. My grandma taught me to sew and we had a fab babysitter who let my sister and me stay up 'til all hours (hope you aren't reading Mum!) knitting with her.

The result is a bit of this...

and a bit of this...

and a whole load of this...

I think all this early days making ingrained the pleasure and desire for handmade originality. Hence it was only natural tha I should start a business promoting it. I was very keen to ditch my teaching phase and move on and thus Blueberry Park was born. I love being involved with the crafting community and have made so many friends as a consequence.

My only regret? Not having enough time to do more of my own crafts...too many ideas, too little time...

1 comment:

qwadro said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.