Monday 9 July 2012




 The summer holidays have already started in this house. Sam and Noah broke up on Friday, Ruby has almost another 2 weeks to go. At the moment it doesn't seem too disruptive as the boys have gone to London to stay with my in-laws this week and since Matthew took them down yesterday morning, it is just me and The Rubester around these parts.



It is extremely rare for it just to be the 2 of us so we tried to have a real quality day yesterday. 
It started with a little glittery nail painting and it was even warm enough for us to expose them and show them off.
I then dragged Ruby out for a run (her on her bike)...actually I think we did that before the nails...would have made sense to anyway.



Cooped up in front of Murray-Federer for the next 4 hours made us need to go out for a breath of air and stretch our legs. (Didn't the boy do well? Was mightily impressed with his performance and made me quite warm to him.)
The day was so calm and relaxing doing a little bit of everything. 


It's not often I can say that about a weekend around these parts. We even managed quality bedtime with cuddles and reading thrown in...makes a pleasant change from being thrown into bed and lights out in haste at an attempt at a decentish time for the next week at school.
What's more I even managed to get some sewing in after lights out (hers not mine).
Not bad for a Sunday...

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

it's always so lovely to spend time with just one child. I know that mine are always that much nicer on their own (possibly because I am that much less harassed!)

Cherie said...

Sometimes you need to just relax and spend some quality time with someone you love =D

Nicky said...

My little one loves 'me and you' time! It's lovely to let them know they are special!

Great makes too - the echo bag and those blocks we can almost see!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

What a lovely weekend! Love the bag! I quite liked Murray by the end of Sunday!

Fleur Cotton said...

Love the photo of your trainers next to the radiator .... you want to come to my house we have six pairs of trainers ( 3 of mine, 3 of the other half's) all in various stages of drying out as everytime we go out for a run we drench another pair!!

Have a happy week.
Fleur xx