Monday 23 July 2012

Bonjour!
Matthew and I were lucky enough to get a couple of days in beautiful Paris this weekend.
 It was wonderful on so many levels...


...the fact that we had one day decided to go and more-or-less only a few days later were there strolling along the Parisian cobbled streets, stopping for lunches of wine and bread and cheese, watching the world go by...
 ...the fact that we were having much needed 'us' time for the first time in far too long a time, walking for miles without little voices of "i'm tired"..."i'm bored"...
 ...the fact that we were celebrating (a few months belatedly) 20 years marriage revisiting a place that had been our first trip away together nearly 25 years previously...
What was not quite so wonderful was my severe attack of vertigo climbing to the first level of The Eiffel Tower and having to drag Matthew back down, spoiling his exciting moment. Well, you can't have everything, but I think despite that, even he'd agree it was a very special weekend and here's hoping we can do it again before another 25 years...

7 comments:

**nicke... said...

i'm sooooo jealous! xo glad you had so much fun!

Cherie said...

Great pictures! So glad to see you had a fun time...despite not conquering your fear =D

Paravent said...

Yah! Congratulations guys - what a lovely thing to do :) So happy for you getting away together like that and that you had a great time too :) Kx

p.s. I had a freak-out climbing the Eiffel Tower last Sept too, Karen - how bizarre ;)

Kate at M is for make said...

Looks amazing and congratulations on 20 years!

Gilly Tee said...

Very jealous and what a fabulous time of year to go.I didn't make the top either but my husband wasn't so gallant and let me go down on my own so he could go to the top.
Congrats on your anniversary.
Gillx

nathalievan said...

I'm in Paris for 5 days!!!! Lucky me!

Nicky said...

We went to Stratford - all of us! And now we have a puppy! But Paris - sigh!