Wednesday 25 July 2012




 I have been wanting to improve the labelling on my packaging for a while now but it has been a case, as ever, of whenever will I get the time?
As usual, changes around here tend to happen as a result of something needing to be done, rather than me actively setting time aside to get on with it. 
Are you like that? (please tell me you are!)



 The pull factor (or is it the push?) this time was a request from a new stockist (from Seoul, South Korea, very exciting!) wanting a label to show her customers that the fabric was not only hand printed but made by me in England. 



 I kind of knew what I had in mind, which made me wonder why it took me so long to get around to doing it, especially as I already had the Scruffy Daisies screen printed onto the card. It really wasn't rocket science and it really didn't take all that long to finish off. A win-win.




 I wanted to produce something that could easily be used on all my products and I think this sleeve is just the thing. At first I thought I would screen print the whole label, which actually was what was slowing me down. I didn't want to have to do a different screen for every product and I couldn't quite get my head around that. This works perfectly...




 It incorporates the screen printed element I wanted, along with the adaptability for using with different products, as this detail is just printed over the top and on the back. I know that isn't very genius, but quite honestly it feels it.


This little lot is all ready to travel on it's journey to South Korea, where hopefully they
 will be well received.
I think they look rather smart.


As promised I'm drawing the giveaway winner for the Simpatico bundle later, so pop back in a bit. I know it's after 6 and I promised to do it at 6, but hey, what can I say, the kids are demanding tea...again...

8 comments:

Emma said...

Beautiful labels and beautiful fabric :)

Cherie said...

They look so cool! Congrats on getting a request =D

Nicky said...

Looks very chic and professional !

Charlotte said...

oooh, South Korea! Very exciting :-D

Paravent said...

Wow Karen - they really do look fabulous! So smart and professional :) We're having another 'snap' moment, you and I... I've been doing labels too. Congratulations on your Sth Korea order - just wonderful :) Kx

Anonymous said...

Love the fabric and colors. Cute on the magnets in the other post.

**nicke... said...

i love your fabric! i really really do! you are super talented my dear!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you’ve gotten right here on this
post. I shall be coming back to your weblog for extra
soon.

Here is my page inspirational quotes iphone 4s case