Wednesday 14 July 2010

I've told you before about my inability to throw even the teeniest scrap of fabric away. You just never know when it is going to come in handy.

Even scraps as tiny as this...

...can be made into something like this...

Now, I would never cut into my treasured Cloud 9 fabric just to make a card, but when all I need to do is bend down next to my desk and sift through the scraps, it's like finding the perfect jewels. If ever I was tempted to tidy up and throw away all these scraps, this has certainly convinced me to be less hasty.

8 comments:

myBearpaw said...

That is so cute - love it!

BaggieAggie said...

I save all my teeny scraps too. Very handy for covering buttons!

Anonymous said...

I also find it so hard to throw away scraps, but now I'm drowning in them! Time to make some scrap bags for other clever people like you to play with, I think.
PS: Also a huge fan of Cloud9 fabrics

Me and Ma said...

I have bags and bags of scraps, but I knoe that if a throw out the smallest piece, that will be the perfect piece that I need for a project !

Vintage to Victorian said...

Love it! I've been trying to sort my stash of scraps but can't bring myself to part with any of them!

Gilly Tee said...

so pretty.my tiny bits get used for all sorts.
Gillx

Kylie said...

I absolutely understand Karen :) Your card is gorgeous. Kx

Jo @ life in lists said...

My minimum save size is 1.5" square, so I can at least use them in postage stamp quilts! They're pretty useful for making cards etc too.