Thursday 15 July 2010

Isn't this piece of vintage fabric beautiful? It's circa 1930-50s

Each scene is approximately 3" square, so it's quite appropriate that I should find this after my post about scraps yesterday.

I was originally drawn to it by its colour-ways. I have a bit of a penchant for a red and aqua combination.

And then the wheel cogs began to turn in my brain when I thought how perfect this was for using in pieces. Maybe a scene could be a centre of a log cabin...maybe a whole row could be a detail on a cushion or throw...a scene alone would make a stunning card.

I'm surprised that nobody else had snapped up this little beauty...although not so little...33 x 52"...so lots of potential for lots of mini projects...in fact, I've just thought of another one...

(Btw I bought it right here...go check out Jo's fantastic vintage Etsy store and grab yourself something fabulous)

2 comments:

Kylie said...

That is a fantastic find Karen! I just love that colour combination too. I've been wanting to use those colours ever since I saw the Tower Bridge over Christmas ;) Have fun making :) Kx

Unknown said...

I love this fabric. Have been following your blog for a while and just love it.

I am just starting out myself. Throwing myself into the world of Jewellery design. Would love it if you could check me out:
http://littlepaperbox.blogspot.com/

I need all the help I can get, so feel free to pitch in with ideas on what to do!!!