Thursday 8 July 2010

I had a very big order earlier this week from a beautiful local stately home. The items they have chosen are going to be part of a 'Made in Yorkshire' space in their gift shop. Because they are all going to be displayed together I wanted the whole look to be cohesive, rather than my usual eclectic mix and match approach. Thus the 'Sand and Sea' Collection was borne.

I'm really pleased with how it's coming together and am loving the challenge of making every piece work. However, I am having a bit of a crisis. I have decided that it is going to fail if I don't have this yellow and mushroom dot from Denyse Shmidt's out of print County Fair Collection. (Below is a larger sample of it in blue to get the bigger picture)

And therein lies the problem...it's out of print. And as you can see I don't have enough to make ANYTHING! Not even a flower to sew onto my Needle Cases.

So I am now resorted to begging. If any of you out there know of anywhere that just may have this in stock or have some in your stash that you would love to trade with me for something I may have that you are after and can spare a little, I will be eternally grateful and my collection will be (in my eyes, at least) complete.

In reality I know I am being just a little bit crazy and my very first Collection will stand up more than adequately without this beautiful, stunning, crisp, fresh, sunny, perfect piece of fabric...


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, I'll tweet about this for you and see if any of my followers might be able to help. I hope you find some!

Anonymous said...

Oh and just love your Sand and Sea collection. It's so lovely and fresh!

Mr Yen said...

I wish I could help, but know nothing about fabric and don't know anyone who would know where to get some. Sorry! I have been asked to contribute to the same thing, and have arranged a meeting to talk about a commission relative to Yorkshire, can't wait to have my papercuts alongside your great work!

Three Dancing Magpies said...

I think I have some . . . I will see how much of it I have socked away!

Ryan said...

I've got some of that in my stash as well Karen! I may have up to 1/2 a yard to share. I would be willing to trade with you.

myBearpaw said...

Sorry, Karen I can't help you at all with fabric, but the needlecases look totally fabby anyway! I am sure they will do really well in the Stately home shop.

Millie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Millie said...

Sorry, the link on the last comment wasn't working...I'm not sure if it is the correct one, but 'Down Shadow Lane' on Etsy sells a Densye Schmidt Country Fair Dottie fabric.

Anonymous said...

Fab! stately home heh?!
Hope you managed to get hold of some... sorry, don't have any.

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

they are beautiful, I love your use of linen with print, v nice x

Kylie said...

I'm sorry Karen - I can't help at all. Hope that someone else can... but yes, you're right, you will do very well without it all the same ;) Congratulations and good luck! :)) Kx