Sunday 11 July 2010

I've been rather caught up with this order this week...but, in a good way. It has completely taken over, but what better an excuse to be tied to my studio sewing all week. Honestly, there are times when I simply love my job (remind me of that in a few months when it's tax form time again...ugghhh).

My job includes sewing AND shopping. I needed a fair few ribbons for the pot holder hangers and, me being me, I wasn't satisfied with the ones already in my stash. If there's one thing I feel very strongly about, it's the little details that make or break a look. So if the handle didn't gel, then the whole piece was going to look all wrong. And just one ribbon wasn't right for all the different pot holders, so again, as you can see, several had to be purchased. I wouldn't want to give the impression that I cut corners with my work after all. So a quick stop of at Daisy Park and my shopping was complete.

I'm really pleased with how the whole "Sand & Sea" Collection is coming together and can't wait to see it all in situ at Harewood next week. I'm rather proud of this one.

(Thank you all so much for your help in locating the Denyse Schmidt fabric I was after...and a massive thank you to Kirsten and Ryan who have come up trumps and are sending some...I owe you!)

6 comments:

nickynackynoo said...

It's all looking fantastic and I am in love with that ribbon.

Me and Ma said...

Great ribbon, and the sand and Sea collection looks fantastic :)

Ryan said...

Glad I could help Karen. The DS fabric is way to awesome to sit on a shelf in my studio. It feels great knowing it will be included in some stylish home goods.

That red and aqua trim is heavenly! I've been staring at it all morning.

Have a great week.

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

the sea & sand collection just keeps getting better, cant wait for the full reveal when its all done & in situ x

The undomesticated scientist said...

pretty pretty pretty! it's going to look soooooo good when in situ!

Justine said...

Karen it all looks greatand will look even better in situ at harewood! I'll have to check it out when we're over there in the holidays. Those ribbons look fab, I'll be checking out where they come from too!!!