Wednesday 10 June 2009

Milestones

Life is a bit crazy at the moment. Do I say that a lot? I feel like I say that alot. When life is particularly crazy - like now - it overshadows what has come before. But really, thankfully, our lives are so full that it's always the same. Just crazy for a different reason.

This wave of craziness is due to celebrating, back-to-back, 4 friends' Bar Mitzvahs. Every weekend in June is taken up with the celebrations. It's even more poignant as this time next year we will be celebrating Samuel's. You know when you reach certain milestones you can't really believe you are there? Your children are old enough. You are old enough! Whether it's first steps, first day of school. But Bar Mitzvah? My son? Me?

It's a very exciting, emotional time and I must admit that last weekend, at the first of our 4, I felt very emotional indeed at the thought of this time next year. I used to feel a mixture of delight at seeing my children reach their milestones, as well as sadness of times passed. Now I love seeing them grow into the young people they are becoming and the thought of important milestones as Bar Mitzvahs is what it is all about.

This post didn't start off being about this. I had to rename it half way through! I was merely going to tell you about my new stash of fabric that my lovely auntie from USA brought with her when she came over for a family Bar Mitzvah last weekend! As I said. Life - crazy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - what a great stack of fabric!!!!

One Flew Over said...

Love those pink trees! Enjoy the celebrations and every reason for you to be emotional..it is a big milestone. Did I mention how much I love those pink trees?? Gorgeous!!

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

LOVE THOSE FABRIC PIECES !!!enjoy the celebration .... :)

meplusmolly said...

Enjoy celebrating all these milestones!
Gorgeous fabrics by the way ;0

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Scrummy. x

Martina said...

Those combinations look nice. I'm a big fan of stripes and can't get enough of them!

Cristin said...

GORGEOUS fabrics (they're on my list to buy soon!) and congrats on all the fun happening in your life! Enjoy!

GUGAW said...

i have fabric envy x

Anonymous said...

why, oh why didn't I organise myself and order fabric for my husband to bring back from the US - duh! I am very jealous (I can see some of my favourites in there). Enjoy all your celebrations!