Sunday 10 May 2009

Introducing Amy

Ruby came home on Friday with the best homework in the world...to make a sock puppet! Ros was a little bit peeved that perhaps Sadie's wouldn't be the best in the class and that maybe Ruby had an unfair advantage, but hey, your child can only work to their (mother's) strengths :-)

This was actually literacy homework (huh?). They are performing plays at school and they each have to make a sock puppet of the character that they are acting out. Ruby is Amy, who according to her is a bit of a naughty girl, so we tried to make Amy look a bit of a tearaway.

Now this homework was obviously met with much enthusiasm by both Ruby and myself. The only problem was establishing whose homework it actually was. Once Ruby had conceded that really it was mine, the fun could begin.

Or so I thought. It transpired rather quickly that it wasn't actually my homework and what I wanted was quite irrelevent and how I wanted Amy to look was immaterial. Despite all this I think Amy has come out looking exactly as her character suggests - a rather dishevilled, non-conformist tearaway. Well done Rubes.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

What brilliant homework! Amy looks great, love the big red lips xxxx

Unknown said...

what great homework! Tonight we're doing about greek cargo ships - yawn yawn yawn!!!

One Flew Over said...

Fantastic! Amy looks wonderful.

Swirlyarts said...

Amy looks fab!! And I would love for Anya to get homework like that!

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Awesome.

Handmade in Israel said...

Brilliant homework! I'd try and take over too! My son also made a sock puppet at school two years ago. He sleeps with it every night, and a few repairs have been made over time :)