Tuesday 19 May 2009

Elephantum

It appears that the cushion obsession has lasted another day. I had in my head what I wanted to do for a children's range and for once what has been produced is exactly what I had envisaged. I wanted to use simple imagery and colours. After all this is a children's range. I didn't want it to get over-powering and busy.

I'm very into my linen at the moment (in case you hadn't noticed) and wanted to incorporate the freshness of that. I am producing 3 boys designs and 3 for the girls, all coordinating with each other for those that feel 1 is just not enough. There will also be 2 or 3 colourways within the series. After all, we all like a choice.

Another thing I am loving at the moment is this rectangular shape. It really lends itself to a bit more detail. As does the stitching, that also seems to feature quite heavily in what I am doing at the moment.

Hopefully I'll have the full range to show you very soon.

9 comments:

meplusmolly said...

Looking good! can't wait to see the full range ;0

craftyclaire said...

That design is fantastic, works so well with the fabric and linen. Really really great!

Unknown said...

beautiful. I love the grey linen too. Linen is fab.

Lorna said...

Looking great, love the elephant design

Hannah Nunn said...

hello. Just read your comment. was it today you came to HB??? If you did come by the shop I'm sorry I'm closed on Tuesday!!! Hope you had a nice day.x

One Flew Over said...

I am loving your current obsession! And may just have to do one myself although I don't think they will look half as good as yours...especially the blue...oh those deers!!

Chunky said...

I love this cushion, actually, I love all those I've seen so far. I brought some fabric with intentions of making cushions and thats as far as I've got so far :)

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

How come they are only for kids? Unfair.(stomp). Can't wait to see the full range.x

Julia said...

Hello there

Your work is absolutely delightful and Im so happy to have found your blog today! Your cushions are beautiful, I especially admire your choice of materials, being fairly new to sewing (got a machine at Christmas) Im suddenley very interested in this kind of thing and you have really inspired me!

With love
Julia xxx