I think you'll agree that this doorstop I made quite a few years ago is looking a bit tired. It props open the bathroom door and peering at it is the only thing that ruins my relaxing experience. It was in need of a massive make over.
All I had to do was to rummage through my ever increasing pile of fabrics and decide what would appeal. Alot were dismissed out of hand for being too lightweight. This was initially a problem since I generally buy more lightweight fabrics for the kind of projects I do (mental note: buy more heavy weight fabrics).
And then this fab Designer's Guild fabric leapt out at me. It was one of the ones I'd picked up from the bargain bucket. At the time I wasn't entirely sure what I would do with it. I just loved the bright pattern. But not only was it heavier then I ordinarily use, the pattern was much larger. But I had to buy it and I'm so glad I did. (Quite frankly, at £5 for the metre, it was never going to be left behind)
I think you'll agree that it's certainly an improvement.