Friday 20 March 2009

The first cut

Ever since I came home last week with my gorgeous Liberty fabrics I hvaen't been able to look at any others. Whenever I've been working on a project or doing an order, my eye zones in on these and any other fabrics that I need to use just pale into insignificance.

Until yesterday I was too scared to cut into them however. I have plenty of other fabrics that I've been equally delighted with and in the past jumped to use. But now I have these in my possession I can't focus or be satisfied with any others.

So finally, I cut (aaagggghh) into them. I had a few cards to make. So I figured on the principle that you'd hardly notice I'd used any.

But now I've started, there's no stopping me. And instead of getting it out of my system, I'm even more obsessed with them. They are beautiful to use. The colours are breath-taking. And quite frankly everything else does pale into insignificance.

I'm just pleased I can satisfy my urge for them by using the tinsiest pieces at a time.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I simply adore these.

PS This is Melanie from You Are My Fave. I'm just to lazy to change my account name.