Sunday 10 October 2010

It's been yet another mad and crazy week. Madder and crazier than ever I might add. Not only has work been testing the boundaries of possibilities, but it seems that when life is so manic, there are a shed load of other things to juggle too.
This week was one of those weeks. Parents' evenings every evening this week, along with a Prize Giving Evening for Sam and then family birthdays galore. This meant whipping up neccessary presents, oh and other members of the family quickly ringing to ask if I could just pop something in the post for the afore-mentioned people's bithdays.
It's really lovely that everyone comes to me for gifts. But it would be a whole lot better if they could do it sooner than the night before!
One relative's birthday is today. My lovely sister-in-law Ruth. Last time we were down at theirs she mentioned that she would love me to make her a Tea Cosy. Obviously I never got around to making it any sooner, so a perfect idea for a birthday. At least I knew I'd be giving her something she wanted!
Ruth and Dan have just redone their kitchen...in my favourite shade of Duck Egg Blue too. So making an accessory for this scheme was an absolute pleasure. And certainly not a problem in terms of having the right colour fabrics in my stash ;-)
I had recently bought these Denyse Schmidt fabrics from Kate, and knew instantly that they were going to work for this project. I'm really pleased with the outcome and delighted to report back that Ruth is too.
I think this may be the beginning of a new range too...

I'd like to think that this week life was going to give me a bit of a break. But it's not looking that way. matthew is away for most of it, which means all falls on me. And it's 2 nephews' birthdays at the end of the week. I'm pretty sure though that I won't be russtling up anything for the 15 year old...too cool for handmade...



6 comments:

Jo @ life in lists said...

Well done you for keeping up the handmade - when birthdays take me by surprise I embarrasingly often find myself turning to the shops (or my never-ending supply of preserves). I really need to get into the habit of making a present stash, but there are always so many things to do...

Kate at M is for make said...

gorgeous, loving the combination of colours!

Josine said...

Love your blog! ;) :D

Highland Monkey's said...

Love the colours on that teapot cover and also the choice of combination of fabrics. I'm sure it will cover many a pot of tea!

Kylie said...

Some weeks are like that, aren't they? Good luck with it all Karen. Your teapot cosy is just fabulous :) Kx

Jane said...

Gorgeous tea cosy. I recently made a dress from the grey Denyse Schmidt print, it's beautiful fabric. x