Sunday 22 June 2014

Cover Girl...Take 2...

I had the biggest shock this week when the quilt I had designed from the gorgeous Grey Abbey collection...the beautiful Cloud 9 fabric by talented designer Elizabeth Olwen...was given front cover status on this month's Love Patchwork & Quilting.


This fabric was an absolute delight to work with. Firstly it is Cloud 9 fabric, which in case you don't know is a beautiful organic cotton with the loveliest feel. 


Secondly the collection by Elizabeth is one of those collections that works so beautifully as a whole and doesn't need much more than the simplest of piecing to let the fabrics do the talking.


I really enjoyed every single second of working on this quilt and seeing LP&Q's stunning styling on it makes me feel very very proud.


This is yet another winning issue and is full of the most gorgeous projects. I think my favourite, if you were to pin me down to state one,  of which I will certainly be making, are the gorgeous boho pompom cushions by Jo Avery.


If you have your issue already I am sure you are enjoying it and if you haven't just yet, don't worry you are in for a real treat.


5 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What Lucy said!!

Catherine said...

Love this quilt and it looks fabulous on the front cover

myBearpaw said...

I love your beautiful quilt Karen, just posting about this issue too (and popped over for a link!). So chuffed that my cushions are your favourite project! Thank you! xx

Sara said...

Really Beautiful! It's lovely on the cover!