Monday, 11 July 2011

It seems like a long time ago now that I was obsessing with Freezer Paper as a printing method, but since doing the Screen Printing Course it took a back seat. Not only did it take a back seat, but I wasn't sure if there was going to be a place for it now that I was screen printing.

Having invested in a fair size roll of freezer paper, I was a bit cross with myself for being so flitty with yet another craft.

Today I learnt that there is definitely still a place for freezer paper printing.
It goes without saying that screen printing is perfect for producing quantities in a way that just doesn't work with freezer paper.
And in contrast freezer paper is perfect for one offs. The time and expense of producing a screen for just one print obviously makes little sense.

So I was delighted to remember my stash of freezer paper that I could use to personalise this commissioned cushion. I used to embroider the details but with my recent penchant for printed fabric I really wanted to find a way of doing this.

I was very pleased to discover that freezer paper still has a place in my crafting...particularly since I have one mighty large roll.
And you never know, Jo and Fran, I may even need another one day soon...

6 comments:

Nicky said...

been following your printing with interest - what ink/dye do you use?

This free paper method looks great but is it as easy as you make it look?

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works great and beautiful,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

monda-loves said...

that's really sweet Karen - freezer paper works very well here - and it's probably more cost effective than creating a screen too.

Kylie said...

You are so right Karen, and it looks fantastic :) Kx

Noas' Libellule said...

This looks super good!

Helen said...

I love the cushion so much and the freezer paper is a great idea1