Thursday 14 July 2011

Forgive me for harping on about screen printing as much as I am.
It's partly because I am so loving it and partly as my own diary and record of what I am printing and where my journey is going.

My journey is moving at quite a pace and if I don't keep a note of it then, like anything, it's so easy to forget how it has been developing.

Today I went into the workshop for 4 hours - 4 whole fantastic productive hours. I produced so much stuff today and just about all of it I'm very excited about.
I experimented with some new card designs - more about those another day - and I also worked on a new stitch design, as well as trying out Framed Flowers in different colours, all with the idea of turning into napkins.
What do you reckon?

I have to say, I'm loving this green ink. It's so zingy and fresh. At the moment there isn't a place that is calling out for green in this house, but I'm racking my brains as to where it might fit in, because I sure do have to have me some.

Tonight I will mostly be sewing up some of each into napkins...can't wait to see how they will turn out.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the orange stitch print on beige material - if indeed it is a print not your original source material. Not surprised you are so in love with screen printing. x Gabs

louise35flower said...

Looking good, harp on all you like, it's fun isn't it?

Unknown said...

absolutely lovely!

Caroline said...

Love the green and pink napkins, teatowels would be lovely too ! All your stuff is so fresh, its so nice to go through it !

Kylie said...

I love that citrus green and use it all the time in my screenprinting so I'm 100% with you here, Karen. I think your designs are spectacular! Very envious of your speediest (again!) too :) Kx

Gilly Tee said...

I love that green colour. Love the pattern as well.
Gillx

Nicky said...

gorgeous green - would fit into my kitchen dining room very well!

lisa stubbs said...

fantastic! your enthusiasm is infectious! keep up the great work and thank you for your supportive comment on my blog it means a great deal to me so thanks:)