Tuesday 7 September 2010

You know when a major project has been taking over for a few months and suddenly it all comes together? That's what's been happening here. I've been redesigning the packaging for my Take Away Craft Kits and this week the new labelling was all ready.

The packaging for my Take Away Kits used to look like this. And whilst I was very happy with how it looked in terms of being received as a gift, I was feeling less and less happy with how it looked commercially on the shop shelves.

As we all know, it's very hard with handmade products to make them commercially viable and fit in, or rather stand out, amongst mass-produced items. And unfortunately sometimes you have to go partly down the road of compromise to be viable.

As I said, I was really happy with how they looked before in theory, but I knew I had to change them to make them stand out more readily.

My very clever and talented friend Roz, who designed the labels in the first place, was the talent behind what I now have. We pretty much used what we had before put added internal shots of the contents, so it's obvious to the buyer what's in.

I'm really pleased with how they've turned out and the impact they now have on the shelf. I am very excited, as well as exceedingly nervous about launching the new look kits at The London Gift Fair this weekend.

If you happen to be heading down that way, I'd love you to stop by and say hi.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
Manda xx

dots and spots said...

They look absolutely brilliant - you'll be rushed off your feet!

sew obsessed said...

They look great, really stand out.
Enjoy the fair.

Unknown said...

gorgeous!

good luck with them...

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

fan-dab-ee-dosy ! haven't said that since I was about 12, not even sure thats how u write it but hey ho !! well done they look just perfect xxx

Unknown said...

These are great, the new packaging far out shows the old ones. Kx

polkadotsandblooms said...

Looks wonderful. I am sure you will sell tons of these :-)

Vintage to Victorian said...

They look fantastic. Good luck!!

mel bomba said...

oh yeah, they look great!!

Unknown said...

They look fantastic! I'm sure they'll stand out, have fun at the fair! :) x

Emma Thomsen said...

Good luck with them, they look fantastic! And what a great idea! ;)

myBearpaw said...

The new packaging looks great! Unfortunately I wont be at the show but good luck!

Zi said...

Whoa I like this post!
I followed you and will check back again. Please support my blog as well.
I always return my comments :)
http://info-thread.blogspot.com