Wednesday 15 September 2010

I love Ruby's bedroom...not necessarily the décor, we have a little ways to go on that, but I love the size of her room and the space she has for all corners of her activity.

We've recently made a fab little sewing corner in one of the alcoves. If you look closely you can see how she's even managed to sweet talking me into not only hijacking a couple of my favourite wicker baskets, but also fill them with a selection of MY fabrics. I tell ya...it's a good job I love this child.

The latest addition to her room happened whilst I was away this weekend. Ruby had been begging for ages to have the bunk bed taken out that she had inherited with the room when Noah and Sam used to reside in there. We'd previously bought her this pretty bed, but it was stored up in my studio.

She and Matthew had concocted a plan in my absence to do the switch. And I'm so pleased they did. I love this bed and think it really prettifies the room...although I do think I need to give the furniture a bit of a shake around as I'm not 100% happy with the layout.

I'm also thinking the expanse of white wall needs a little something on it and was delighted to flick through the latest Cox and Cox catalogue and stumble across this very pretty wall sticker. And at just £4 a set (yep, you heard correctly!) I think we might need a whole forest of them.

It takes time to get the finishing touches done to the rooms, but I think we are more than one step closer now with Ruby's room.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fantastic bedroom - every girls dream. I would love a closeup of the quilt on her bed. I'm getting ideas for my own little girls quilt and I want to use the same colours. Your daughters bedroom is just beautiful!

Kickcan & Conkers said...

What a lucky little girl having such a big bedroom! I like white with a bit of colour here and there. The bed's gorgeous.

dawn machell said...

.....and so tidy too! It looks lovely.
I could never post a photo of my daughters' bedroom because everything she owns is ALWAYS chucked on the floor!

Gilly Tee said...

my girls would have loved a room like that.
Gillx

One Flew Over said...

Beautiful! I especially love the little sewing corner.

Kate at M is for make said...

love that - and what a bargain!

Me and Ma said...

I love Ruby's room, so grteat that she has all that space to do her own 'stuff'...

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

It's a gorgeous bedroom! I love the light and subtle colours and it is soooo tidy. My youngest daughter is very tidy too but my oldest daughter is just as messy as I was at her age!

Orjana said...

What a lovely big room! Imagine having all that space to craft in! At the moment my craft room is half office, think unsightly computers and wires and paperwork!