Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Happy New Year...

 So how was your holidays?
Did you get your WIPs finished?
Any new projects started?

 Suffice it to say I was far too distracted by external influences to finish any of my WIPs. 
Suffice it to say I was even too distracted by external influences to make the 2 new projects that I was planning.

This external influence was so strong it even pulled me away from my recent pile of Glimma which I absolutely adore.
If like me you haven't been looking after your family adequately this holidays and creeping off to sew you will probably know what I am talking about.
The project taking over IG, the Scrappy Trip Along is the most addictive quilting I have seen.

Seeing Rita's, Brenda's, Katy's was enough to make me drop everything and get blocking. Thank goodness our New Year's guests cancelled their 3 day trip. It's one thing to ignore your family but quite another to ignore your guests. That would just be rude.

It is such a great anything goes piecing quilt.
I haven't managed to do as much as I would like - apparently I'm not neglecting them as much as I could - but am probably half way through this one that is earmarked for Ruby. And in typically me mode I'm already thinking about all the combinations I want to do next - navy/grey/mushroom for Sam, red/white for Noah not to mention the wedding quilt option, friends moving house option. 
This is definitely going to be featuring heavily in 2013 both here and I'm pretty sure a lot of blogland too.
If you haven't jumped aboard yet go check out the Flickr Group Brenda set up and see all the great quilts taking shape.

I may not be starting the New Year getting my WIPs under control, but I am starting it with excitement and that's no bad thing. Is it?

Happy 2013 to one and all and wishing you many exciting quilting times xx


Nicky said...

You may be completely mad but I am liking what I am seeing!

Drat I don't need another project!

Chase said...

The English paper piecing is wonderful!! Love the fabric.. Happy New Year~ More fabric designs..

Charlotte said...

love it! I have so far resisted the temptation, but I have a feeling it will overcome be soon!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Oh heck, I'm seeing this everywhere and am itching to do one! yours is looking lurvely!

Chel C said...

I am going to give patchwork a go this year. Your fabric looks wonderful.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love you scrappy trip quilt!