Tuesday 4 September 2012

the changing of minds...



 So, the Low Volume quilt for our bed has had various transformations while I searched for just the right block design.
You may remember it started life as a Log Cabin on Sunday...

 Early yesterday morning it had morphed into HSTs...

 And before the day was even out it had changed again into straight line piecing cut within an inch of its life. 


I woke up dreaming (yes, literally dreaming) of wonky windmill blocks, having gone to bed wowing at this beauty and finding this ace tutorial.
My Tuesday running buddy was coming round at 8.30 so I was hard pushed to do a trial block before then....I am seriously my own worst enemy.



That said, I am now 100% sure (yeah, right, until the next change of plan) that this is the block I am going to use. 
The log cabin would have been too busy, even if it is Low Volume...
the HST gorgeous, but too full-on for a king sized bed (yes, Charlotte, you were right...I do listen)...
as for the straight line piecing, I have no idea where that one was going.
I'm hoping the wonky windmills will be easy on the eye, be as asymmetric and random as I like and still be the one I love when it eventually gets onto the bed.
Now I have made a decision this will now have to be put on a shelf high up out of temptations way. I have a lot on. And I mean a lot. And if I'm good I'll let myself bring it down and do a few blocks for a while.
Ooh I'm so strict.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Love all of those blocks!

Charlotte said...

so glad to be of service ;-)
I love the wonky windmills - it will be beautiful!

Unknown said...

The fabrics look wonderful together, you could be starting a new trend of wonky windmills!!

Cherie said...

Wow what a lot of changes. Maybe you could put some of those trialed blocks on the back of the quilt? =D

Charlotte said...

Great choice, really love that block, your quilt will be stunning! Your inspiration quilt is one of my favourites too. Can't wait to see the blocks as you make them x

Paravent said...

Gorgeous! They all look fabulous, but yes, I can see how this one is the best choice. It's going to be divine Karen :) Kx

Nicky said...

Loving your different ideas on this. It will be hard to go slow once you get started....good luck with that!

It will bring bright and lightness to your room.