Sunday 19 June 2011

I've spent a lot of time on my machine these last few days.
Whether it's been sewing up some of my screen prints, or creating a new quilt for Noah (how he can say this is girlie, I have no idea), or sewing up some sweet softies that I've been wanting to try out since buying Kajsa's fab book Scandinavian Stitches.


These dolls are based on her angels and I've put my own slant on them making them patchwork dresses. I love a project that is quick and easy to make up and has instant appeal and impact. In fact these are just 2 so far of a long line of patchy dolls that I'm planning to make.

If you don't know Kajsa's book you really should seek it out as it's full of fab projects that are so depictive of her unique style.

7 comments:

ruth said...

you really are on a roll at the moment!! I'm so impressed, also how do you find the time?!

ruth said...

just wanteed to add I didn't mean to come accross rude or nosey with that last comment! I am just so impressed with the amount of things you are producing, along with learning new skills etc!

myBearpaw said...

gorgeous little dolls! I love doing cute stuff like this too. They would make really lovely gifts.

Rachel Chieppa said...

They are adorable!!

beautiful square feet said...

That quilt looks great and it's definitely not girly (at least I don't think so anyway!).

Caroline said...

No, definitely not a 'girly' quilt! But those dolls are very sweet - I'm also impressed with the amount of beautiful things you manage to create!

cilla rule said...

I love this book also have just bought a copy and made some of the little dols and birds - am about to embark on a cushion - First saw the watering can doll in a interior design magazine and was smitten so was over the moon when I saw the book and just had to have it.Love your idea of using up the scraps. have used fine rick rack for hair on some of mine.

Cilla Rule Melbourne Australia