Thursday 16 July 2009

As if I have the time

Honestly. Will someone just shoot me now? I have so much to do for Saturday, but I just can't help myself can I? My 'to do' list is ever expanding, yet, somehow, it's beyond me quite how, I get busy making things. Not things that are for sale you realise. Oh no, that would be far too straight forward. Nope, things to make my stand look pretty. Things that are distracting me from what I really should be doing.

You know I'm a little obsessed with pin cushions at the mo? It seems this has now transferred to needlecases too. I know I know. I did tell someone to shoot me now!

It's irrelevent that I'm pleased with the outcome. It's irrelevent that they are quite pretty. It's irrelevent that I had lots of fun making them.
The point is that I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!

(Off now, sewing machine, fabric and any other distracting items put on a top shelf out of reach so I can try and get on with exactly what must be done...)

9 comments:

Pomona said...

But they are so lovely, that you could sell them anyway - and so that must make it all worthwhile! And it's only Thursday - of course you will get it all done in time - but maybe avert your glance from your sewing machine in the meantime!!

Pomona x

Kylie said...

Nope. I don't believe you. You love it! The satisfaction of making things so exquisitely gorgeous - even when there are other things to do - well, it makes it possible for you to bear doing the other things! :) I'm told it's like that with artists... Good luck with the show. I think you're going to do very well. K

Patchwork Harmony said...

I really wanted to go to Home & Gift to look for new goodies for my shop! but it proved too difficult transport wise... :(

I hope it is successful for you! xxx

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful

One Flew Over said...

Oh Karen...those needlecases are very special. You are going to be a BIG hit at the show!

Kickcan & Conkers said...

Hey, these pincushions are GORGEOUS! Enjoy the show, it looks like you've got some super stuff (ps between us yorkshire lasses, it's been great to be back home)

Unknown said...

Oh but what a beautiful productive distraction all the same.

Rosalind Wilson said...

Lovely to see you at H&G, your kits looked fab, as did the pin cushions and needle cases which proved to be worthwhile afterall!

Anonymous said...

I love them! I am a total sewing newbie (have just joined a local group, Sew Make Believe), and my first little project was a needle book! Of course with my terrible scissors and novice skills it is nowhere as lovely as your are!